Sunday, May 3, 2009

Throw it into the mix

It has been a very busy week.  Thursday 2 friends and I left at 5:30 am and drove to Oklahoma City to the home storage center.  We did some canning and picked up some grain to make a 7 grain mix.  
Friday we got together again and made the mix.  We had 450lbs of grains and it made just over 10- 6 gallon buckets full.   In the mix we had kamut, spelt, red wheat, white wheat, oats, rye, barley, & millet.   Now we are ready to throw this in the wheat grinder  and make some yummy bread.  It took us a while to figure out the ratios and a system but we eventually got it, now we will be much faster the next time around.   It cost us about $43 per bucket, to buy it already done would have cost $71 so we saved a bit of money.
Tuesday I taught a class for the local smocking guild on how to embroider bullion figures and put them on baby cloths. This little bunny was so cute I couldn't help putting him on here.  
Well now I am off to prepare a lesson for Relief Society.  ( I think I am avoiding it and that is why I am blogging instead of preparing , Oh well I guess I had better get it done.)

3 comments:

Netti said...

Wow! Lots of work. I want to know how the bread taste.

Familie May said...

I love selfmade bread and I'm sure, your tastes great.
Don't worry about your preparation for Relief Society: you will make a good job!

verena said...

Oooooo your bunny is so cute! I'll have to try it sometime.