Sunday, October 5, 2008

We officially have 2 teenagers!

                                                  
                                                                                                   


Shem turned 16 Saturday & Dan turned 13 today.  Shem goes in tomorrow to get his official drivers license, which he is very excited for.  We mentioned dating and he doesn't show a lot of interest.  Cars? Girls? I guess cars win. ( I am really OK with that!)  
Dan has been bouncing around the house all day declaring that he is now a teenager. It's a big mile stone, I remember turning 13 and being excited to finally be a teenager. Oh the little pleasures. 
For their presents this year we are doing a room redo. We painted their room and are in the process of making loft beds, we will add comfy chairs, lamps, & dressers after the beds are done. I will post pictures when it is done. (hopefully this week!) 

Oh! on another note I learned to make beans!  We have some very good friends from Mexico,  An awesome family, our kids are the same ages. Anyway she taught me how to cook the beans, make refried beans, pinto bean soup, sopas (kind of like a soft tostada), potato taquitos, & salsa.  Very Good!  We ate them before I could take pictures. I guess I will just have to make them again.

1 comment:

Scates Family said...

Congratulations! You are doing great on your blog. Two teenagers :). I can't wait to see their room.