Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Broken Arm

The kids were outside playing and I was inside talking to my mom when I heard this call "Mom?" from Hannah. Being on the phone I halfheartedly said "what" and then went back to my conversation. I then heard a "MOM!" from Shem and immediately knew something was wrong. "I think Sarah broke her arm." I ran down stairs and noticed it was quite obviously broken. I did panic a little but Shem helped me keep a cool head. The 3 of us hopped in the car and ran over to the Church to get Shaun, where he was having meetings.
We then ran over to the Emergency room where we sat and waited and waited and waited... They finally got us in and x-rayed it, put on a temporary cast, and told us to call the Orthopedic doctor in the morning. Here is Sarah looking so sad and distraught.
Well the Doctor said she needed to have surgery to put a pin in the bone because a cast would not keep the bone in place. Poor Sarah was so worked up over this surgery, but she was a good patient and did very well. The Surgery took place in August and as an update she will have to go into surgery again in a few days to have the pin removed. Needless to say she is not looking forward to it. We now keep telling her to drink more milk, especially since she is the only one in the family that doesn't like it.
Oh, by the way she broke her arm barrel rolling. You don't hear that to often do you.

1 comment:

Familie May said...

Oh poor Sarah! That really looks bad and it shivers me when I see that. Get well soon, brave Sarah.